We all know that kilay is life. We really spend time and money to look for the perfect brow product. Same as you, I have been searching for “the one” my entire life (char!)— I mean, from the time I learned how crucial eyebrows are in highlighting the best features of my face. Since I have sparse brows, I looked for brow products that are long-lasting— even if it’s not that cheap.
For a year now, my go-to product for my kilay is Wunderbrow. It’s an eyebrow gel created by Wunder2 which markets itself as waterproof, budge-proof, transfer-proof, and long-lasting. Loves, it really works! Maybe, I can do a blog about it? Well, I can say that the only problem is: it’s not cheap. It costs P1,600 in Beauty MNL. Freaking one thousand six hundred pesos! Although, I’m willing to spend money for brow products, I know that I’m getting older so I need to be really careful with my money.
Thus, I am recently on the lookout for alternatives. While searching for the “second one,” I learned about the new Maybelline’s Tattoo Brow Ink Pen.
It was actually introduced by my friend during our Bali trip. She said it was always sold out in Watsons and even online. I think, I was not interested that time since I’m already fine using the Wunderbrow? However, just recently, I came across a post in Facebook about a woman who gave birth in a car because of EDSA traffic. The woman actually posted about the products she used during the time she gave birth highlighting how long-wearing the products were that even though she gave birth, her face was still fresh and her kilays were still on fleek because of Maybelline products.
One of the products she mentioned is actually the new Tattoo Brow Ink Pen. So, I thought to give it a try since there’s actually no harm in trying as it’s cheap— only costs around P400 in Watsons.
There are three colors: natural brown, red brown, and grey brown. I bought the grey brown shade since it’s the only available shade that time. I have been using the product for a week now and here’s what I think:
- Price: Compared to Wunderbrow, it’s really cheap. I can buy four Tattoo Brow Ink Pens for the price of Wunderbrow.
- Long-Lasting: It’s long-lasting. I used the ink pen in the morning and viola, it’s still there in the evening! Actually, some people have been asking me what product I used on my brows because they’re still on fleek even after a day trip or after work hours and they can’t believe when I told them that it’s just Maybelline.
- Ease of Use: It’s very easy to use. It’s really like a pen. You just draw your brows.
- Natural looking: I think the product was actually made to mimic microbladed brows. Instead of having one tip, it has a sort of mini/micro-fork applicator that helps you achieve hair-like strokes similar to microbladed brows that look natural. I mean, if you’re not willing to spend money to try microblading, then it’s a good and affordable option.
- Not for oily skin: I don’t think this product is for people with oily skin. Why? Because I happened to apply the product before a workout— you know just to find out if it’ll survive the “sweat” test. Unfortunately, it didn’t. It did wash off. I mean, it’s really long-lasting during normal days but it’s not during workouts. However, the ironic thing is that I find it harder to remove than the Wunderbrow, even with a make-up remover.
- Always sold-out: Moreover, I hate that it’s always sold-out. When I bought mine in Gateway Watsons, there were only three pieces left. Imagine that? Well, if it’s always sold-out, it means people are really into it right? I just really hope that Maybelline will increase its stock.
All in all, I’m giving Maybelline Tattoo Brow Ink Pen ❤️❤️❤️❤️ (out of five). I believe that it’s worth the hype and its price. I’m convinced that it’s the perfect alternative for the Wunderbrow.
Loves, have you tried using this product? Let me know your thoughts about it and don’t forget to follow @loveexplores on FB and IG!